Site Meter Maxwell's Demoness: Friday Fun- Classic Science Music Video Edition

Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Fun- Classic Science Music Video Edition

I've been saving this one for a while, and thought it would be a good video with which to celebrate the completion of my first first-author paper.

This Science Music Video is the keystone of my collection. A classic in the truest sense of the word.

The first time I saw this video, it was actually a film. As in 16mm film old-school projector style. It is a tradition to show this film as a treat after the first exam in the undergraduate biochemistry class I took back in the day.

The second time I saw this video, it was on a battered VHS. It is also a tradition to show this video on the first day of the graduate biochemistry module for my PhD program. This time it was presented by a professor who actually claims to have been at (although not in) the filming of this illustrious masterpiece.

It is interesting to see how times change. Now this rare and treasured video, narrated by the marvelous Paul Berg, is readily accessible on YouTube. It pretty much speaks for itself, so without further ado Maxwell's Demoness' Masterpiece Theater presents:

Protein Synthesis: An Epic on the Cellular Level

No comments: